Rotating Video Frame Buffer (RVFB)
The Macnica Rotating Video Frame Buffer is a near drop-in replacement for the Intel Video Frame Buffer available in the “VIP Suite” of functions. In addition to providing a triple-buffer implementation supported frame rate conversion via dropping and repeating of video frames, it provides orthogonal (increments of 90 degrees) rotation and both vertical and horizontal reflection capabilities on a frame-by-frame basis.
- Platform Designer compatible
- Up to HD resolutions
- Efficient memory bandwidth utilization
- Access to diagnostic and control-related statistics:
- Number of frames received
- Number of frames output
- Number of frames dropped
- Dimensions of each frame in the buffers
- Status of each frame (in-use, available)
- Programmable memory buffer location
- Control of orientation via Avalon Slave interface on a frame-by-frame basis
- Parameters allow reduced features for reduced logic utilization
- Compatible with Intel® Cyclone, Stratix and Arria FPGA families.